"Author Buckland, Lawrence F
Title The recording of Library of Congress bibliographical data in machine form; a report prepared for the Council on Library Resources, inc
Publisher Washington, Council on Library Resources, 1965
HOLDINGS FOR Maine Info Net CENTRAL DATABASE
REQUEST THIS ITEM
Library Shelving Location Electronic Link Call Number and Serial Holdings Request Status
Univ of Maine ORO Annex 029.7 B856 DUE 04-24-08
Edition Rev., February 1965
Phys descr x, 54 p. 22 cm
Information storage and retrieval systems
Automatic Data Processing
Alt author Council on Library Resources"
I like this item.
- It predates MARC and the September 1966 Scientific American example.
- You can see element that became part of MARC.
- The internal formats they came up with are reflected in the MARC binary format.
- It includes verbal descriptions of the programs that translate an entry into printed output. The elements of XSLT and XSLT-FO are there.
- Henriette Avram is nowhere to be seen in the document.
- The main example card is about a JFK education speech (?). The publication date is November 23, 1964.